Cloudy Thursday

It's almost Thanksgiving and today looks like a nice Northern autumn day. I love the sun but it's nice to have a real autumn-looking day every once and awhile.

Right now (well, not this very minute) I'm in a car search and it's driving me nuts (pun intended). My old Suzuki Samurai is slowing fading into the sunset and I search now for her replacement. I hate car buying. I'd rather clean toilets for a living (which I did once - be very thankful to those who clean your toilets!). What kind of car shall I buy? And how much can I afford, now that homeowner's insurance in Florida is going to skyrocket? I envy my friend's 16-year-old daughter who has just begun driving around in her brand-spankin' new Toyota. No worries, mate. Mama and Papa take care of everything...from leasing the car to paying for insurance and gas and whatever else comes along. Sometimes being an adult sucks. Of course, I sure wouldn't want to be back in high school. No more lessons, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks!

Well, that's all I'm saying today. I'm tired. Just let me win the Lotto. Then I can buy whatever car I want, price be damned!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Canada,
Yes car buying is the ultimate torture. You KNOW everyone you talk to is trying to screw you. But here is a tip, the salesman does not screw you the worst, that fast talking finance guy is adding stuff as he is doing your contract and people think the have been through the worst of the screwing when the are done with the salesman! That finance cat is not even giving the courtesy of a reach a round! The finance dude is the one that is adding shit left and right and everybody thinks "he is the finance dude" he won't screw me. Watch that bastard sister, he will 500 and thousand dollar you to death man! Anyway Canada you sound really nice and I really hope you have an outstanding Thanksgiving! Watch out for the finance dude!

Popular Posts