Out of Touch

Okay, I haven't posted anything in awhile. And this isn't a good day to do it because I'm tired. Up all night worrying about possibly having ruined my Jeep's automatic transmission because - get this - the transmission fluid was down 1-1/2 quarts and no automotive "expert" that I brought it to over the last 2 months apparently checked the fluid level, even though I kept complaining about a whine in reverse gear. Well, maybe one place checked the ATF level - AAMCO. The guy told me my automatic transmission fluid had bubbles in it and that was "very bad." Said he'd never seen that before in a car that wasn't overheating. I later found out that bubbles in the ATF is indicative of a low fluid level. So, either AAMCO has no clue about transmissions or this guy let me drive out of that place, with an admonition to bring it back so he could check it properly (this was a Saturday), knowing my Jeep was dangerously low in ATF. And I'm way too flabbergasted to get into the Ferman dealership, which apparently didn't check the ATF in December when the whine in the reverse gear first appeared after the CHECK ENGINE light came on.

What a morning, what a day...gotta go eat chocolate or something.

Comments

Popular Posts