Just Another Day in Paradise

Beautiful weather today. Spring is always wonderful, no matter where you live. Of course, people up north may not be experiencing spring yet, but it will get there soon. I'm just sitting here, listening to the noises of the 'hood - sirens, thumping subwoofers, people carrying on about something, cars thundering down some street somewhere, crickets chirping, my computer humming. My friend in upstate New York says where she lives it's so quiet and peaceful. I've heard of that - peace and quiet - but haven't found a place yet where that actually is a state of being. Maybe one day...a girl can only dream. At least there's no one living in the house to the east of me now. Of course, I imagine in another couple of months that won't be the case. But right now I'm enjoying NOT hearing doors being slammed, kids hollering, cars being worked on, dogs barking. I think I should live way out in the country somewhere on about 5 million acres. That oughta do it......People probably get tired of me whining about noise. I hate noise. I just hate it. People make too much noise. It's in the silence that you find the true meaning of life. But, for some reason, most people are afraid of silence. There is nothing bad in silence. If people lived a life that included silence and listening to the spirit, there would be no war, no murder, no rape. In the silence you will find God and yourself. Only in the silence.....

Comments

Popular Posts