Yard Sale Girl

Participated in a yard sale on Saturday. Up to about 1:00am choosing what to sell and for what price. Then up at 6:30am to take care of my animals and then lug my stuff down to my friends' house to join their stuff for the yard sale. My friend Diane offered to lend me tables and so while we were carrying tables from her house across the street, she saw 2 chairs on her porch she wanted to sell. She brought the chairs over to the yard sale, sat down with the rest of us, and within 10 minutes had sold those 2 chairs for $10. Meanwhile, I stayed for all 5 hours (as advertised) and made a whopping $5! I never make any money at yard sales. Guess I'm just not an entrepreneur, just not a good sales person. It was fun talking with my friends but I sure wish I could have made some money for my vacation to Oregon in a few weeks. Timewise and moneywise it sure wasn't worth it. That was the last yard sale of my life. From now on, it's Goodwill all the way....

Comments

Popular Posts