Not A Techie

Geez, I finally found my way in here. Why can't people just leave stuff alone? I can barely manage on/off and now Blogger wants to update to Google and every time I try to do it I wind up in some forgotten wasteland.

I sure miss the old days when things were so much simpler. I rode my bicycle without a helmet and I SURVIVED! My mom piled us kids in the back of a tiny Nash; no one wore seat belts and WE SURVIVED! Television was very limited so we went outside to play in the streets, in the woods, at Cleveland Dam, down the block, and WE SURVIVED! There were no school buses so we had to walk, take the bus or on the rare occasion wait for our mothers to pick us up, and WE SURVIVED! No computers, no iPODs, no Blackberries, no cell phones, no Internet, no Wal-Mart, no McDonald's, no superhighways, no turbo cars, no SUVs...just fresh air, mountains, trees, ice cold creeks and inlets, log-strewn beaches, small schools, winding roads, quaint little villages and neighborhood shopping districts, wilderness just a few blocks away, and quiet. Yes, there was quiet. You could hear yourself breathe. I miss those days, sometimes more than I can bear. I find it disquieting that that part of my life is over forever, and I have to find a way to live in this world now. I always feel like an alien in an alien land. I am certainly tired of trying to adjust, to accept the way things are. I can only hope that God will shine a bright light so I can find my way out of this thundering world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! I'm an American citizen living in Canada....and I'm suffering! I known in the States we talk about Canada supposedly being so much like the US that it's as if it's the 51st state. BUT IT'S NOT! I am struggling because everyone is so different here. They act NOTHING like Americans, and I feel so lonely! Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts because it's comforting to know that someone else is experiencing the same thing in my country! Please keep posting and I'll keep reading!
Danielle

Popular Posts