Spring is Here

My impatiens are a-bloomin' away - so pretty, so many vibrant colors. It's not too hot yet so I don't have to water them every day; I can just enjoy them. Ah, flowers....love 'em.

Every morning, just before the sun rises, I hear a young bird singing. He's nestled somewhere in the vines and bamboo stalks leaning over my driveway. I listen for him every day; he's kind of like my morning wake-up call. I have named him Chirpadee. My cats love him too (love to eat him, that is).

Fresh green leaves are beginning to grow on my oak and elm trees in my front yard and I've noticed that I now have squirrel visitors occaisonally. Very brave of them, considering that there are two cats living in my front yard. I sometimes wonder why cats change their mode of being. One of these cats used to hang out on my enclosed porch and the other one made the backyard his home. I guess they just got bored with where they were and wanted a new vista. Who knows....

I'm starting to experience spring fever, which means I want to travel, get out of town, go somewhere new and exciting. Hmmm...maybe I should try my front yard. It worked for my cats Oz and Blackjack.

Comments

Popular Posts