This is Sunday

Friday was the last day of the summer semester. I'm still exhausted from the final push, but, hey, I did it. Not bad for a chemo brain girl. Looking forward to the fall semester! Should be fun learning about archival work.

Today I went to church. I had to say goodbye to one of my back pew buddies. Peter is moving to the east coast. I'm sad. Now it'll just be us wild girls at the back. Life brings change. Life is change. Just gotta go with the flow. As Reverend Debbie says, Surrender early and avoid the pain. Amen.
Today I visited the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts where I have a photo on display in the members' show. Lordamercy, there are some tremendous photos there! But what is really interesting, at least to me, is there are a number of photo entries this year that are on my same level - beginner. Usually my photo is at the bottom of the pack (in my opinion - no one has actually said you suck). Hey, I just might get good at this. That's my game plan, anyway. Keep on taking photos and photography classes and one day I could actually be a fine photographer.
Today I washed my dogs. Hallelujah. It did get kinda scary when my old dog Kodiak couldn't get up. I washed him while he half-laid down on the driveway, but when I was done cleaning him as best I could (he gets cranky now in his old age and the biting I trained him not to do is coming back, so I couldn't move him around), he tried three times to get up and fell back down. His back legs just wouldn't hold his weight, and I can't pick him up because, even though he's lost weight, he's still heavy at about 60-65 pounds. After a few minutes, he rallied and hobbled toward the back door, with my encouragement, but it took me another 10 minutes to haul him up the three back steps. We kept misstepping and then he'd collapse and unless he helps me when I haul him up by his harness, I can't get him up the steps. I gave him lots of water and treats when I finally got him inside the house, where he soon fell fast asleep . . . and me with him not too long after. 
Today I watched "Ice Road Truckers." Cool show. I sure couldn't do what those men and women do. Driving a semi hauling a trailer filled with supplies for towns at the edges of pure wilderness in the frozen winter lands of Alaska and Manitoba -- not for little Florida-Sunshine-State me. No siree.

That's it. It's almost 11:30pm. And I'm fading and it's raining and it's time to go to bed.

P.S. Something weird is going on with Blogger and spacing, so I give up.......

Comments

Popular Posts