Whiplash

It has definitely been awhile. I've been working 7 days a week since mid-May and that's all I do, except try to get some sleep, sweep the floors every now and again, feed the meowfaces, and ramble about dazedly like the Walking Dead. Would that I had won the $591 million Powerball . . . .

Back to real life. Today, in my wanderings to work and back, I came upon an ugly scenario. When I passed a local BP station this morning at 7:45, premium gas (which my ancient BMW prefers) was $3.69/gallon. At 4:10pm on my way home from work, it was $3.79/gallon. What happened in eight hours to jump up gas 10 cents a gallon? Did someone important sneeze in Saudi Arabia? Did BP discover that it didn't make enough profit over the Memorial Day weekend when the company (or at least, the BP station near my house) increased gas by 18 cents a gallon overnight? Was there an avalanche on Mt. Everest, a frightening flare on the sun, a tornado on Antarctica? Did a futures oil trader decide he/she needed a couple of new Ferraris? What's up with this constant up and down with gas prices in such a short span of time? 10 cents a gallon increase in less that 8 hours? Give me a break. When the prices come down, they sure don't drop 10 cents a gallon in 8 hours. It takes days, penny by penny. I can whine, complain, cry, but no one's going to listen to me. I'm not rich, I'm not powerful, I don't own an oil company. I'm just a working girl who has $20 for gas to get me through two weeks. Uh huh.

Microsoft ClipArt

Comments

Popular Posts