liar liar pants on fire

The photo I have on this blog is not me. Well, it is me, but not who I am now. It is me 30+ years ago, it is the me I once was and who still resides within me, but, on the outside, it is not me. When I was in my early twenties, an elderly woman told me not to grow old. Hey, lady, I tried, I really did. She also told me that she still felt 25 years old inside. I remember thinking, how can this be? You have wrinkled skin, your hair is grey, your body is scrawny and slow. How could you possibly feel young inside? Hey, lady, now I know what you were talking about. I still feel like I'm 16 so it surprises me when what I could do so many moons ago I can't do now easily or without paying a price. I used to walk for miles and miles in the city, over a long bridge, straight up the side of a mountain to almost the top where I lived, and not even be out of breath. I can't imagine doing that today. Good thing Florida doesn't have any mountains or I just might try it because, after all, I'm still 16 somewhere.


Comments

Popular Posts