Four months later . . .

Promises, promises, promises. I told myself I would write in this blog once a week, every week. I don't understand why this is so difficult for me, other than the fact that I hate typing and I'm a horrible typist -- something like 25 words a minute with 20 mistakes. Oh, if my high school typist teacher could see me now . . . .

Do I have something important to say? What is important? Do you care if I think Israel is wrong and that thousands of everyday Palestinians should not have to die, starve, flee from bombs, and be evicted from their homes because Hamas did a stealth attack on Israel? Do you care that Governor DeSantis scares the hell out of me because I believe him to be a dictator-wannabe? Do you care that I believe in stricter gun control laws, that 18-year-olds should not be able to walk into a store and buy weapons of human mass destruction? Do you care that I think human beings should have the right to live the lives they feel is true to themselves -- whether they are straight, gay, lesbian, non-binary, transgender, transsexual, pansexual, asexual, queer, Christian, agnostic, Buddhist, vegan, keto, fast-food addict, overweight, skinny, altered by plastic surgery, all-natural, etc.? Do you care that I feel the US will implode if Trump becomes president again, that Trump might try to model the US way of life after Russia? After all, Trump did say that Putin is "a great man." And Putin just overwhelmingly won the Russian presidency again. What a surprise . . . . 

Well, I just tried to save a skink from the fast paws of two of my cats. I haven't seen a skink in years. I hope it escapes unharmed. Is that important? I guess to the skink it is.

I ate gluten-free chocolate cake for lunch. Is that important? No, but it sure tasted mighty good! 

My poor Hyundai Kona needs to be washed. It looks like it was driven through a sandstorm, punctuated by bird poop. That is not important in the grand scheme of things, except that I dislike driving a dirty car. So, why don't I wash it? 1) There's no shade on the driveway; 2) at night it's too dark; 3) can't take it through an automatic car wash because the "thing" on the roof that holds the antenna has a tendency to come loose and that costs $800-$900 to repair (and that was two years ago); and 4) mobile detailing is expensive. Hence, dirty car. Is all of this important? Not one bit.

Well, I could go on but what's the point? I guess everything is important in its own way, in that minute, and some things are remembered, others forgotten, still others make no impression whatsoever. 

But it is important we acknowledge those we love and tolerate those we dislike, and that we listen to the birds, the wind, the sounds of life around us. It is important to acknowledge that we are alive, that we are entitled to the life we create, that we deserve love and acceptance, and that we are all divinely unique, each adding our own vibration to the spirit of this planet.

Eagle M15 - North Fort Myers - photo by Barb Henry


Comments

Popular Posts