Merry Christmas

One week from today is Christmas Day. I've done all my gift shopping (began and finished it yesterday - I was a whirlwind). Now I get to sit back and relax...oh darn, I forgot I have to wrap them. But I have almost a week, don't I? Will any elves come to help me? I don't like wrapping presents. I'm not good at it. They didn't teach me this in college (they didn't teach me a lot of things in college, but that's another story). I'm all thumbs, I tell ya. And the bows never stay on. Okay, so I buy the cheap Big Lots bows but they have sticky stuff on the back. The bows should stay on. That's my opinion. And trying to fold the ends of the wrapping paper around the box - forget about it. Yes, I could buy holiday bags to put the gifts in. No wrapping involved. But I still can't even get the tissue inside to look nice like the professional gift wrappers do. It's a talent I just don't have.

Y'know, it's funny how I have tons of stuff wandering around in my brain but when I go to put it down on "paper," it's all gonesville. Like coming to a dinner emptyhanded when you promised to bring the main dish. Like rushing to get to a sale and then forgetting what you wanted to buy. Like doing tons of research on Toyota RAV4s and Honda CR-Vs and then buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee about which you know nothing. Maybe it's a mind funk. Maybe it's just too much stuff in too little a space and there's no window to let it all out. Or today maybe it's just because I'm tired and cold and I ate too much chocolate or because I'm a bit rattled due to the fact that I called the police on a druggie neighbor who was going through my mailbox after I had an altercation with him about the loose dog that belongs to his sister with whom he's staying. Now is that a mouthful or what?

Well, I'm gonna go have some nice hot cocoa and watch a movie and maybe take a nap on this still, overcast day. Ciao for now....and, oh, have a very Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts