Another Monday in Paradise

I had a nice Monday work day today. Played with dogs, ate chocolate, wrote a few resumes, chatted with my boss, fed my Bettas, and saved my bosses' neighbors from having an outrageous water bill caused by a broken irrigation system spewing water down the driveway. Now, I'm at home and it's quiet and I'm thinking that I should be writing or maybe I should be feeding my animals or maybe I should be washing my Jeep (is it still blue under all that dirt?). The things we think about when our lives are peacefully going on in an everyday fashion...If Tampa was Beirut, my life would have been radically changed in an instant a few days ago. Because I live here, I can think about mundane things, instead of where to hide from incoming missiles and how do I get from A to B without being killed or maimed by bombs. It's inconceivable to me how ordinary citizens go about their daily lives when terror can strike at any moment, anywhere, without much warning (if at all). When missiles and bombs become a thing to live with as you begin your day and try to sleep at night....

Comments

Popular Posts