Back in the Saddle Again

Tried to get in the other day and there was something about no cookies or whatever and I was blocked from entering my own blog. Go figure. I paid the bill, honest. Oh well, whoever ate my cookies must have replaced them because I'm baaaack!

This is one rainy day. A wintery Pacific Northwest kinda day, only with heat and lots of wilting humidity. I should be feeding animals but I thought I would drop in and say hello to no one in particular.

You know that U2 song about still not having found what you're looking for? That's me. I read something about finding the right life. It's a profound statement so I'm going to share it with you. I'm not sure where it came from or who wrote it, but it made me sit up and think....

What is the right life? The right life is a life in which you feel more like yourself, in which you're doing what you want to do - not what other people tell you to do. In a "right" life, you recognize that you were given a gift when you came into this world, and that your job is to discover that gift and develop it. The meaning of your life comes from giving that gift back. Any risk you take should, in some way, enhance your ability to discover your gift, to develop it, or to raise your chances of giving it back. The first key ingredient is to believe that you have a talent. The second key ingredient is to believe that you'll not be happy until you develop that talent. The third key ingredient is to say, "When am I going to start doing that?" And the answer to that is, in some way, now.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular Posts