Feelin' Overwhelmed

There's a man next door and he's making noise like he's fixing the house up from the last horrendous renter who, thankfully, moved out in June. This most likely means there will be another renter soon and the history of this house from time immemorial equates to loud, inconsiderate people who will play pounding rap music, talk at the top of their lungs and rev up thundering cars until I'm ready to kill them. I can only pray that I will sell my house and move before the next wave of nastiness arrives. Alternately, of course, the universe (and the landlady) could surprise me by allowing nice, quiet, respectful people to move into the house. Imagine that....

Other than that renter worry, all I have to worry about is finding a job and paying my mortgage and the rest of life's bills and eating and stuff like that. So far, 2008 is not a good year. There have been good times but all-in-all I don't like 2008 and I'm glad it'll be over in a little over 3 months.

I've been unemployed for so long that I almost can't imagine anything else. People tell me to go out and get anything, to dumb down my resume to make it look like I haven't been employed as a writer for the last 20 years or that I have two Bachelor degrees. The trouble with dumbing down my resume is I'm going to get the $8/hr. jobs, and I can't live on that. If I stay unemployed or I work for $8/hr. , either way I lose my house. Part of me doesn't care anymore; I bought a tent and sleeping bag, just in case. The other part wants to fight to save the house so I don't screw up my credit once again, so I can buy another house somewhere else, so I can be a good girl.

Sometimes I just sit here paralyzed. Is it possible to die of chocolate poisoning? Because that's all I want to eat, all day, all night, while drinking rum all day, all night. I can't think of a better way to go......

Comments

Popular Posts