Yesterday was all about the cancer thing. First, there was more blood removed by an unfriendly woman with issues who jabbed the needle into my arm and drained 3 vials of blood from my body. Then it was time to have my port inserted. Now, I've been tested, scanned, drained of blood, punched with needles, cut with snipping needles, and had medical conversations with doctors and nurses on numerous occasions for the last two months, but after all that there was a small part of me which still believed the whole cancer scenario was a nasty nightmare and one day soon I would wake up. But yesterday I came totally face-to-face with reality - I really have cancer. It's not a nightmare. It's not someone else's life. It's not a TV drama. I have cancer and the port hiding under my skin is proof. I can't escape it. Today, I am sad. I don't like this. This sucks. This is not the life I had in mind. And now, what do I do? Where do I plant my life now? That is definitely something to think about.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rohana
I found your blog one day while researching houses to buy in Seminole Heights and have returned from time to time, drawn by your writing style and content.

i was diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago and
experienced much of what you relate here. In my research, I found a source of info that you may find helpful in identifying things you can do to ease the side effects of the chemo.

While the thrust of the web site is to inform about alternatives to traditional therapies, it contains very good ideas for complementary strategies as well: www.cancertutor.com

You might consider starting the Budwig protocol as a part of a dietary overhaul. A huge body of evidence points to its effectiveness. Here's a link to the yahoo support group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/FlaxSeedOil2/

I'm looking forward to reading many more blog entries. God speed. - Chuck
RohanaC said…
Than you, Chuck. I'll definitely look into these sites.

I hope things are going as well as possible. I was handling chemo well until about 3 weeks ago, and then it was if someone pushed me violently off a cliff. I guess that's called chemo accumulation. I can feel my body wanting these drugs out of it NOW, but, of course, that's not possible at this point.

Take care.

Popular Posts