2011 Begins

A new year. Often welcomed with a sense of hope that the next 365 days will be a whole lot better than the last 365 days. For me, I plan to take it just one day at a time. No monumental dreams and goals, except to get through the next 6 weeks of chemo, and then possibly surgery. And when my taste buds come back, get out of my way because I'll be dashing to Ella's for a Boring Burger. YUM!!!!!!!

Okay, maybe I cheated a bit on the 2011 goals - I would like to be more active outdoors: canoeing/kayaking, hiking in the woods, visiting various dog parks with my dogs (to also get them out of the house and exercising), walking more often, maybe even hike part of the Florida Trail. I would like to visit Apalachicola because it's supposed to be old timey Florida. I would like to get visit other Florida places like Homosassa Springs where I can swim with a manatee. I might even check out Key West again - haven't been there in decades. I have never been to Sanibel Island, Honeymoon Island, Caladesi Island, Cedar Key, Tallahassee or Pensacola. I could spend the whole year just exploring this state I've lived in for 40 years. It's amazing all the things you don't do because you think you have all the time in the world and there's always tomorrow. Any catastrophic illness or event kinda shakes you out of that malaise, that's for sure.

So, 2011 begins. Yeah, I may have a cold/flu bug coursing through my veins (left over from 2010) but it will not define this year. One day at a time....

Comments

Popular Posts