Yadayada

It's sunny today, still a bit cool, but it's only morning. I look forward to the 70 degree predicted high for this afternoon. As much as I love the Pacific Northwest, I am not a cold weather person. I love warmth, I like heat (up to a point), I adore sunlight. I want to wake up to a sunny sky, not a gloomy grey sky. I want to walk around town with the sun's heat on my back. So, I let go of my dream of moving back to the Pacific Northwest. The terrain there is unbelievably beautiful, but the fall/winter weather is too long, too rainy, too cold for these Floridized bones. I guess I am finally a Floridian.

To those of you who have indoor/outdoor dogs and/or cats: Do you ever feel like an animal doorperson? Open the door to go out, open the door to come in, open the door to go out, open the door to come in...ad infinitum. What I want to know is - where's my tip? I mean, after all these years as doorperson, I'd be a millionaire by now if these darn animals would tip me. Life sure isn't fair sometimes.

We have a new governor in Florida. A total non-politician. A self-made man who, if Mama can be believed in a campaign ad, grew up in the projects and went to become CEO of his own company. A company which apparently defrauded Medicare, among other things. The one thing about non-politicians is they don't understand how politics works in the tsunami also known as the Legislature. It's a complicated machine that you can't change overnight, if ever. Some of the stuff our newly minted Governor Scott is saying is sooooo out of touch with the political coggery and the real everyday world of the normal Floridian. He wants to deregulate the insurance industry. How insane and downright stupid is that? We're gonna get even more screwed than we already are. I hope this new governor learns fast; otherwise this state will be strangled and left for dead. The next governor (I doubt Governor Scott will be reelected in four years) will have to resurrect us from the ashes. Florida used to be a really wonderful state to live in. What happened?

Well, that's it. Ciao.

Comments

Popular Posts