Sucky Day

Today is a sucky day. I couldn't get to sleep until 4:00am. (One good way to urge the sleep to come is to read a textbook - snore. . . .) My cat Paquita woke me up at 9:00am, complaining bitterly about the lateness of breakfast. I commiserated and closed my eyes. An hour later, with Paquita practically sitting on my head, I crawled out of bed and opened the cat food tin. Ah, peace. Then it was time to feed my dog Sully. (He was not impressed. It's now 3:33pm and his uneaten breakfast is withering in his bowl.)

After the feeding of the zoo, I sat outside in the warm morning air and continued reading the textbook that put me to sleep hours earlier. I actually finally finished that long technical chapter, amid airplane after airplane bellowing over my house, which is in the flight path for Tampa International Airport. Then I decided to go grocery shopping before the lack-of-sleep tiredness came calling. While I was getting ready, I heard the ugly sound of booming bass. I looked out the window to see one of my neighbors vacuuming the inside of a pickup truck, doors open, windows down, thundering music blasting over the loud burr of the vacuum cleaners. So, I put on my white bitch jeans and went outside to ask the guy to turn it down. He apologized and did so, but then turned it back up after I was back in my house for a few minutes. Man, I get so tired of dealing with these ignorant, belligerent assholes. So I wrote down the number of the villa when I left to do grocery shopping because that made me feel better. When I came home, the music was tolerable, but it became loud again after I was ensconced in my villa for a few minutes. I found out on the property appraiser's website that that particular villa is a rental, so if I continue to have problems (it was quite a noisy place when I first moved in, but then it became quiet - that may be over), I will contact the owners and let them know what's going on. I know people say live and let live, but if your living is booming into my house and I'm forced to listen to your crap against my will, especially when I have tons of research to do for a paper due Wednesday, then I'm going to do something about it.

On top of all that, two team members in my Research Methods class haven't yet posted the answers to their assigned questions and the whole shebang is due today. I'm team leader this week and I guess if they don't send in their answers, I'll have to do their assignments; otherwise, our whole team will receive a not-so-good grade. It's definitely time for a glass of wine. Ciao.

Comments

Popular Posts