TGIF (so they say)

It's raining. And it's quiet. Hallelujah. My neighbor's dog has stopped barking. Don't know what's going on there but that poor dog has been barking almost every day, sometimes all day, sometimes into the late evening, sometimes incessantly, for about a month now. I've peeked through a small hole in the fence but, other than the fact that the dog doesn't want to be outside and stands at the sliding glass doors barking at his/her owner inside, I don't see anything that needs attention by Animal Services. But something needs to be done because it's difficult for me to concentrate on long technical articles while this dog is barking and barking and barking. And the dog is obviously highly distressed if it's barking that much. I'm not going to confront the owner face-to-face, that's for sure. Been there, done that, and I don't want to experience again the kind of angry aftermath that's likely to happen. It's been my experience that if you confront someone on their inconsiderate behavior, it's not gonna end nicely. I've had my cats killed and my property vandalized because of it. There are some really mean people out there. So I dream of the day when I can live in peace and quiet every day, every evening, 365 days a year. Just quiet. It's the best thing in the whole world. I love it even more than I love dark chocolate . . . and that's saying a lot.   


Comments

Popular Posts