Loooooong time

I don't even know where to begin it's been so long. It just seemed after the horrible flu last November (which lasted forever) that I became empty. No thoughts, no nothing. I was (and still am) kinda overwhelmed with the world as it is -- all the Tampa traffic, the noise, the people who need something, the people who impose their lifestyle upon everyone else, the constant cleaning up and feeding the cats in this small place I live in, the forever shopping for groceries, etc. I also have to admit that I'm underwater with the fast and furious pace of the technologies that run our lives. It hurts my brain to contemplate the tower of babel communications that so many people create with their smartphones, iPads, and whatever else. Even this blog. Everyone's a writer now. I used to be someone special because I could write well, but no longer. And selfies. Just don't get it. Two girls have died in the last week or so because they were trying to get a crazy selfie on a top of a subway car and on the ledge of a bridge. The other day I saw a selfie of a teen girl with basically just her face in front of a backdrop of some sort of store, and she writes under the selfie something about shopping and how every girl loves it. I don't understand this need to document the mundane stuff of life. Who cares if you're going shopping for clothes? What a waste of cyberspace. I'm not really sure what cyberspace is or where it is, but I imagine it as some sort of magnetic or electrical field around the earth, or maybe it's an empty space that should be used for creating peace, kindness, and prosperity on this planet, but instead we're filling it with useless selfies, billions of words that don't really say anything meaningful, and violent atrocities. Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety. Maybe I should have had a plan for my life instead of drifting and I would now be who I should have been. I have a small plaque that says "It's never too late to be what you might have been." I add to that -- "who you might have been." I like that. Now, I just have to figure who and what I should have been. Do you think a selfie might help?

Comments

Popular Posts