Renegade

I love, love, love the song "Renegades" by X Ambassadors. I first heard it in a Jeep commercial on TV, and it just spoke to me. I miss who I was when I was young. I used to be kind of a renegade, a rebel, in my teen years, leaving my middle and upper middle class high school classmates to their insular world to wander the streets of Vancouver; to hang out with the hippies at English Bay; to go to all sorts of concerts where I saw the likes of Janis Joplin, the Doors, the Cream, the Who, Frank Zappa, the Jefferson Airplane, and the Grateful Dead; to hitchhike day or night; to wear my dark hair long and straight or braided like a First Nations warrior woman.
I went to school, just barely, got good enough grades to graduate, but my heart and soul had no peace in a classroom. Let me out, let me wander, let me go, go, go. 

Comments

Popular Posts