Back in the Saddle

It's been almost two years. I've missed writing in my blog, and I know anyone who was reading it is long gone, but I'm beginning anew. I just finished reading Tom Ryan's "Will's Red Coat" and it has inspired me to start being who I am - I am a writer. I've always been a writer, even though most of my life I've tried to push it away, ignore it, kill it, bury it. Why I don't know, but as Tom Ryan did with an old, broken, angry, sad little dog -- he didn't dwell on what happened to Will before he adopted him -- I'm not going to dwell on my past and the decisions I've made that put me where I am today. What happened happened, and now I move on in what I aspire to be a life lived without fear, regret, and anger. As the X-Ambassadors said in their song "Renegades" - GO FORTH AND HAVE NO FEAR. Let the journey of my new life begin . . . .

Comments

oopsJohn said…
I have been checking in regularly for almost two years now, and missed your posts. Love the new look. Welcome back!

John Hayes - former St. Pete library colleague of yours, 1980s
RohanaC said…
Thanks, John! It's good to be back. I've missed writing in my blog, and writing in general.

Popular Posts