The Beat Goes On

I'm having an up and down teeter-totter life now since I retired, left my job kinda suddenly, and wound up at home all day without a plan. I've done a bit of writing and I've caught up on a lot of small stuff around the house that had been neglected for a while, but I feel like someone dropped me in the middle of the forest and said "See ya" and then left me without a compass or a hint of where exactly I am.

I confess I'm watching a lot of TV, movies mostly, many of which I really like. I've also been revisiting movies I watched a long time ago, like The Bridges of Madison County, Our Souls at Night, Predator, and Footloose. Am I wasting my time and my life? Probably, but I also feel like I'm experiencing other lives, other ways of being, other creative ideas from other writers and directors. I know I can't do this forever (and why would I want to?) and I know I need to find another job, but not now. Just not right now.





Comments

Popular Posts