I Thought I Had Something To Say....

This is going to be a Seinfeld episode - a lot about nothing. It's Friday and that makes me happy! No more "school" for 2 whole days. Even though I like my job, I love weekends because I don't have to be anywhere on any set time schedule (most of the time). I can be late and no one knows because no one knows I was going to be there. I can sleep in and take my time in the morning - no watching that damn clock! I like the freedom to plan my own day. I'm looking out the window right now as I write this (I should be working but, hey, when the cat's away, this mouse is gonna play...at least today). The sky is so blue and the wind is ruffling the leaves of the trees and the squirrels are busy looking for food and all the cars look so peaceful just sitting there. Yes, I'm looking out onto a parking lot, but that's the way it is sometimes. There are times you get beauty, there are times you don't. I'm a Taurus - I'm for beauty all the time but the world ain't made that way. One day I will live on an island and watch the whales as they pass by and laugh at the seals as they play in the cold, cold water. One day I will take a ferry that will leave "civilization" far behind and I will lose myself in a land with valleys, hills, forests, and winding 2-lane roads with no street lights or stop lights. One day I will leave the boomboom of the city and take a slower path...but I'll still have to watch that damn clock five days a week. Such is life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe until then you can imagine those cars in the parking lot are whales. At least you have a window to look out of. Imagine the people closed up in offices with no window. I like your dream destination and I hope you make it there.

Popular Posts