Wanting to Plug My Ears

Okay, everyone who knows me will say here she goes again. It's my soapbox oratory - loud music. I'm talking about those vehicles that blast you at stop lights with the thundering bass that apparently goes for music these days. I'm talking about neighbors who use their cars as stereos and turn up the volume and let the rap destroy a sunny Sunday afternoon. I'm talking about cars that crawl down 12th Street in Tampa and shake the leaves off trees, rattle windows and human nerves with the 12 billion decibel level of the so-called music that sounds like the trumpet of the Devil. When did this start and when did this become acceptable? Why do these people believe they have the right to play their music so damn loud? Will someone please tell me why this is an acceptable way to live? This music invades my space, comes into my house, into my car, and shatters what I'm listening to. I'm tired of being forced to listen to someone else's music against my will. Apparently the leadership of Tampa is not going to do anything about this. Probably because it's too prevalent now. And I find it very disheartening to think that I'm going to be spending the rest of my life being forced to listen to thundering, overbearing music perpetrated by inconsiderate, rude, and belligerent people (and I have experienced this firsthand when I've asked people to turn down the volume). I dream of peace and quiet but it doesn't look like that's the way this world is headed.

Comments

I agree. I saw a vehicle that mounted speakers in the back seat facing out the windows. That ought to be an automatic ticketed behavior!
Anonymous said…
Unfortunately this comes under the heading of "MY CONSTITIONAL RIGHT"
which says nothing about respect and responsibility.

Popular Posts