Bad Neighbors

I live next door to people who like their music, and now their video games, loud. Right now I'm listening to the rumbling thunder of one of their video games. My windows are shut, their windows and doors are closed, I have a noisy space heater on in my little cold office, and still I can hear the noise of this game in my house. I made the mistake on Sunday of asking the man of the house to turn down the volume on the game because there was no room I could go to in my house without hearing it. I am now paying a price for asking these people to turn down the volume.

I have also asked them in the past to turn down their music because I get tired of wearing ear plugs in my own house in an effort to drown out their noise. They play their music sometimes to 5:30 am, and all I can hear is the bass pounding into my bedroom. I haven't called the police yet because I'm trying to learn patience and to live with people who have different values than me, but I'm soooo tired of their inconsideration. And it's not only them. There are several other neighbors who like to crank up the volume. But these next door neighbors affect me more severely.

Why do these people have to play their music and video games so loud? You can hear that game loud and clear from the middle of the street. I don't understand. There are so many individuals in our society who seem to have no consideration for anyone else when it comes to their music. Is it aggression? Is it a basic lack of civilized manners? Is it selfishness? Is it a need to be noticed? Is it deafness? What is it? All I know is I want to move far away from people like this, although I'm beginning to think that may just be impossible.

Comments

Popular Posts