Chocolate In My Life

I love chocolate. There is nothing better in the world than a good piece of dark chocolate, melting so smoothly in your mouth, a slight bitter taste lingering after the sweetness to remind you from where the chocolate came. If I was an ancient Greek or Roman goddess, you wouldn't need to sacrifice a lamb to me. Just bring me chocolate, lots of it, dark and beautiful and sensuous. Don't offer me your child - offer me Godiva. Then this chocolate goddess will grant your prayers. Uh huh. That's right.

I wish I could eat chocolate all day and not gain weight or clog my arteries or up my sugar level to the moon. I wish I could eat chocolate all day and live happily ever after, just like in the fairy tales, except that I wouldn't need the prince...unless, of course, he came from a kingdom of chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts