Earth Day

Hey, Happy Birthday, Mother Earth! Hope you're having a great day in the universe. Hope us humans aren't treating you too badly today. You've given us a beautiful day here in the Tampa Bay area. Hottish but not humid. Sunny, cloudless sky. Fabulous beach weather, that's for sure. I saw a couple of University of Tampa students lying on the grass in a small campus park, their young skin soaking up your rays. They'll be all tanned and looking like surfer girls by the time the spring semester is over. I wonder what's in store for them in their dreamy futures. I hope lots of good things happen for them. I wonder if they realize that today is your day. Maybe that's how they're celebrating you, Mother Earth, home to all of us who live on your land, fly in your sky, swim in your waters. I think we humans forget that you are not immortal, that you can be damaged beyond repair, but I believe you are strong and I believe there are enough of us changing the universal consciousness of conquest so that there will still be Earth Days to celebrate thousands of years from now.

Comments

Popular Posts