Spring, Spring, Spring

It's April, it's spring and I like it! I have been diagnosed as cancer-free, the weather is just perfect, the backyard birds are chirping, my cats and dogs are napping, and I'm finally writing because I'm beginning to feel like a human being once again (a skinny, bald, unemployed human being but a human being, nonetheless). 

I attended church yesterday for the first time since mid-December. It was soooo good to be back and my friends there welcomed me back enthusiastically. I drifted during the meditation part of the service, but I'm sure I'll get back in the groove before long. Greg the bassist is gone from the church band. So sad. I'll miss him. But he's on my Facebook page so I can still keep in contact with him.

I love looking out my office window and seeing all the close-by scenery - the still leaves of my ancient orange tree (it's the last one standing in a now long-disappeared orange grove on which stands my house); the blue jay cleaning its feathers on one of the orange tree's branches; the pointed leaves of my grove of rafus palms that continues to march across any open spaces year after year; the jagged top of my tall, withered wood fence separating me from my new neighbor; the bits of blue sky spied through the branches of my orange tree and the huge oak trees belonging to the properties just east of my home. If I could live in this beauty and (currently) human-silent world forever, that would be heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts