Wednesday Night

Okay, I have to run my garbage can out to the curb, but there's a police helicopter flying around and around and around searching for bad guys. When I first moved to this neighborhood, I would go outside in my front yard and try to see what was going on, but when I found out that a wanted man was hiding in the tall bushes in my neighbor's yard while police cars blocked off my street and the helicopter bellowed in the sky, circling my part of the hood, I no longer go outside to see what's going on, especially these days when criminals aren't afraid to shoot cops, let alone normal people like me. So, I sit safe here on my back-room sofa, listening to the police helicopter circling like a predator and my cat Parker hollering at me through the locked burglar door, wanting his evening snack. Who knew life could be so exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts