Movin' On

After 11 years, I'm moving out of my house. I had no idea I was such a pack rat. OMG. Stuff everywhere. Packing, packing, packing. And that's not to mention all the stuff I've sold, given away, and left for the garbageman. Boxes everywhere. My cats and my dog Sully are understandably nervous. I'm nervous, sore, exhausted, stressed, blitzed. All the people and businesses that need to know I'm moving. Too many. Gonna miss the hood in some ways, but not the house or the loud music or the loose dogs or the garbage or the police helicopters circling over my street. I will, though, miss Max and Molly, the two Havanese dogs who live next door. I first met them when they were tiny puppies. I wonder if they'll miss me. I will miss the lonesome howl of the train a few miles away. I will miss the magnificent trees canopying the streets. I will miss the walking convenience to Publix, Walgreen's, my mechanic's shop, the local library, Ella's Americana Folk Art Cafe. But, hey, life goes on. This is just the beginning.

Comments

Popular Posts