Hell of a week

What makes some people arrive late and others on time on a consistent basis? Do the on-time people have an organized, linear brain? Do the late people have a dreamy brain? I'm a late person. I was born 3 weeks late and I've been running late ever since. I have the hardest time getting anywhere, especially to work in the morning, on time. I don't do it on purpose. I don't wake up in the morning and say "I'm going to be late and I don't care what anyone thinks." And to be honest, I really don't understand the obsession with time. No one owns time. Time is not linear. There are varying degrees of time, and I sometimes wonder if I slip in and out of dimensional time zones because I'll lose 20-30 minutes and I have no idea where that time went. I thought whatever I was doing took 5 minutes, and yet 30 minutes have vanished...and I'm late. Don't tell me to wake up earlier. That doesn't work either because the earlier I wake up, the more zoned out I am. I understand the concept of being on time, that the world can't run smoothly if someone is five minutes late, that the bottom line will suffer if employees are late, that no one likes to be kept waiting. Dr. Phil says it's arrogance, a power play. Spoken like a true linear, organized person.

Comments

Susan said…
I think it's because you're a writer, not an office girl.

Popular Posts