Finito

The fall semester is over. I worked hard and I'm exhausted, partly because I'm so tired I can't get to sleep and partly because my mind is going crazy thinking of things to do on the break. 

I didn't get a seasonal job. I didn't win the PowerBall or Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes or the Florida Lotto. No rich uncle died and left me his millions. But that's the way it goes. I'm free now to what I want to do for a month, and since I can't shop, shop, shop:

My dog is going to get a bath (shhhh - don't tell him).
My car is going to get washed and waxed (poor thing looks like no one loves her).
I'm going to finish the novel I began a couple of years ago, and possibly start a new writing project.
I'm going to walk in the semi-wilderness around my area and watch the wild birds.
I'm going to read fun stuff like the Life of Pi.
I'm going to break in my first pair of TOMS shoes (it's rewarding, knowing that as I'm walking in these casual shoes, a child somewhere got a new pair of shoes because of me).
I'm going to cut down on my chocolate consumption (yeah, right).
I'm going to relax and just be.
I'm going to think of cool ways to make money.
I might even exercise and clean the house, including dusting (ugh).
And I'm going to watch the season finales of "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race." I hope Malcolm wins Survivor and the Chippendales win The Amazing Race.

That oughta do it. Ahhhh . . . .

Comments

Popular Posts