2013 is here!

Tomorrow I begin one of my internships (considered a college course). I'm excited! Finally get to use some of my book learning. My dog will miss me. He's used to me being around all the time because most of my classes were online, but not anymore. I'm going to miss walking him during the day, but I'll get off early enough for it still to be daytime so we can walk down the dead-end street and check on the baby goat and her goose guardians, and the other "gooses" (as I call them) who have staked out a territory around the pond behind my subdivision. They are familiar with us now. I just wave and they relax. Not too long ago, they used to return to what they were doing (they still relax but they watch me); it appears, however, that people have been partying down at the end of the road where the pond is located (witness the abandoned panties, used condoms, empty beer cans, rubber tire marks on the asphalt), so the "gooses" are more leery now.

I have a spring break in March. I might actually go somewhere. Depends on the money situation, of course, and whether or not I will fill the time with job interviews (a girl can dream). Or maybe, just maybe, if I win the HGTV Dream Home on Kiawah Island, South Carolina, I'll drive up there and check out my new eco-friendly abode. A girl can dream.
HGTV Dream Home 2013 Giveaway
HGTV.com

Comments

Popular Posts