Pay it forward

It's not a new concept, this pay-it-forward. Heck, there was a movie about it called . . . Pay It Forward. But I've decided to embrace this philosophy. My interest began after the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre: people were doing positive things for 26 other people (in honor of the 20 children and 6 adults killed). Twenty-six people seemed too overwhelming for me (how sad is that), but when my friend Terron wrote a Facebook post a few days ago inviting 5 people to participate in a pay-it-forward value system, I decided this is the time. Quit your whining, TampatownGirl, and do something more positive for the world than recycling, cleaning up after your dog, monitoring water and electricity in your home, and picking up garbage/trash off the streets.
Like Terron, I have invited 5 Facebook friends to join me in this pay-it-forward endeavor. I will send each one a surprise gift sometime in 2013. They won't know what it is or when it's coming. All I ask is that they invite 5 friends to participate, or, alternately, do something positive for 5 strangers or acquaintances sometime in 2013. I think it's the small things that can eventually change the world, one step at a time. We've seen the negative universe, and it ain't pretty. Now it's (way past) time for our positive energies to create a civilization safe and abundant for all.

Will you join Terron and me and all those who answered the Facebook invitation?

Comments

Popular Posts