Flu baby

I have the flu. Just way too much fun. Debated for weeks whether or not to get the flu shot. Too late now. I haven't had a flu in years. This one isn't as bad as some flus I've had - just longer and more insidious. It just doesn't want to let go of me. But I'm bored with being sick. Time to get back to living, instead of moping around being sick. The weather is beautiful - sunny, warm, a slight breeze, no humidity. (I wonder if it's like this in Hawaii year round.) I can hear the bamboo wind chime clacking quietly. And my neighbor's dog isn't barking (knock on wood) like it did all yesterday afternoon while I was trying to take a flu nap. I finally had to use ear plugs, which didn't go over too well in achy flu ears. It's so quiet right now. Well, it was. Here comes the thunder of an incoming plane. The airport must have changed runways because there have been tons of planes coming in for landings in the last week or so. It's weird to look up in the sky and see two planes side by side coming in, one on the east side of my house, the other on the west side. I call it the tandem landings. Geez. This is the fourth plane to fly over my house since I wrote the last few sentences. My cats and dog just sleep through all the noise - dogs barking, planes thundering, rap bass booming, explosive mufflers screeching, lawn mowers buzzing. How do they do that? I'm bothered by noise. Probably shouldn't be living in a suburban or urban environment. Say, can you catch the flu if you're living in an A-frame house up a long, torturous dirt road on the top of a mountain far from civilization?

Comments

Popular Posts