Cool in hot town

It's kinda cool this morning (for Florida in the summer, that is). I can actually sit here and not sweat to death. I got the air conditioner to work for a few hours yesterday afternoon and it cooled the house from 89 degrees down to 79 degrees. That took about 2-1/2 hours but it was sure worth it; I could actually sleep last night. I was so tired yesterday. I woke up around 8:30am and fed the cats, watered some plants, and got rid of two wasp nests. By 10:00am I was worn out and I fell asleep on the couch. Didn't wake up until about 3:00pm. Now that's a nap. Can't do that today. It's off to work to my two jobs back-to-back. (The company that furloughed me for nine weeks called me back this week. Hallelujah.) Gonna be worn out again, but at least both places are air-conditioned. Yeah.

I may have found a place to live so I won't be thrown out on the street by Wells Fargo. Received a nice letter from the Miami law firm retained by Wells Fargo that says I am not a bona fide tenant with a bona fide lease (my rent was below fair market value) so I am now in "unlawful possession" of the villa I am currently living in and they are going to start eviction proceedings against me. Well, Wells Fargo can have this unit with its non-working central air, the sliding glass door that doesn't slide very well anymore, the toilet that has seen better days and sounds like it wants to spit back up everything that is flushed, the bathroom sink that is stained and worn down and almost impossible to keep clean, the gouged laminate floors (the story goes that a former tenant was having wild sex and the bed broke, marring the floor permanently), the refrigerator that grows tiny little bugs (and it's not from rotting food), the kitchen faucet that sprung a leak along the side and is now duct-taped to stop it from spraying water everywhere, the weeds in the front and back yards that I'm tired of fighting, the falling-down shed . . . the list goes on. Wells Fargo paid $36,100 for this one-bedroom place. They'll be lucky to sell it for $40,000.  Oh well.

Time to get ready to go to work so I can afford to move. Man, moving is expensive and I have too much stuff. When I finally get settled in my new home, I'm going to pare down my belongings even more than I have already. I remember the days when all of my belongings could have fit in one suitcase. No furniture, hardly any clothes, no decorations, just a few books and photos, and only one cat. How on earth did I wind up gathering all the stuff I have now? It's really difficult to get rid of my things. It's almost like a hoarder mentality, only my case it's a sentimental, clinging mentality. Maybe all this stuff fills a void deep inside me. Or maybe I just like stuff. I tried once before to do without a lot of things around me. I packed up books and decorations so my little apartment looked zen-like. What I did was slowly, without me realizing it, buy more things to fill the empty places, winding up with double the stuff. Too crazy.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular Posts