Harassed

Well, this afternoon, when I was hoping to relax and be peaceful after being sick this weekend, I was harassed all afternoon by an unknown telemarketer out of Belle Glade, Florida. (I found this out through the reverse telephone directory, but that is all I could find out for free - no name or address.) This company called me 12 times in 2 hours. I have caller ID and I didn't recognize the number (561-952-2080), so I let it go for a while. Finally, around the 5th call, I picked up the phone and spoke to someone, told him not to call me again, I wasn't buying, and I'm on the no-call list. Didn't stop them, probably because they know that my telephone number hasn't been on the list for at least 3 months. Around the 8th call, I picked up the phone again and asked to speak to a manager and I also wanted to know the name of the company. The girl hung up. So, I decided to call Lifelock to conduct some business and, for the first time in my life, I was happy to wait for 10 minutes. During that time (it was actually about 7 minutes), the telemarketing company called twice (as my caller ID told me loud and clear). Then I called the FCC to complain about the telemarketer. While waiting for the FCC to answer, the telemarketer called again. The woman at the FCC told me to call the Federal Trade Commission, and I did. I filed a complaint with the FTC, so we'll see what happens.

It is 5:09pm and the telemarketing company hasn't called since around 4:40pm. I wonder if I am safe tonight. I'm probably going to have to disconnect my phone, and I should probably check my cell number. The Belle Gladers could be calling that number and running up the bill. Why would anyone do something like this? Man, the older I get, the less I understand human beings. I'm beginning to think I was born on another planet because what goes on on this planet is baffling beyond words.
You tell 'em, girl!


Comments

Popular Posts