Wishing I was somewhere else

Well, the telemarketer gave me a two-hour break, and then started up again on Tuesday evening at 6:30pm so I unplugged my phone. It's been dead to the world now for around 36 hours. I remembered on Tuesday late evening just before I fell asleep that a Verizon rep told me I can block companies like this, which harass people for no good reason. I looked up the telephone number online and apparently the telemarketer has been doing this type of constant calling on other victims for the past year, judging by the online complaints. Now, I just have to figure out how to block this company.

But, I'm too tired to do it. I work a night shift on one of my part-time jobs and I don't get home until around 2:30am. I don't get to sleep sometimes until 4:00am. Most of the time, I don't get to sleep 8 hours at a time. If it isn't my youngest cat waking me up anywhere between 5:00am and 6:00am, it's my neighbor's three pit bulls waking me up with their constant barking. (I wonder if they're related to the telemarketer.) Today, these dogs just barked and barked and barked and barked, so I finally (after two months of listening to this crap) went over and knocked on my neighbor's door. The man, his wife (girlfriend?), and a friend were sitting in their townhome, ignoring their barking dogs. How can someone ignore that constant barking (and one of the dogs has a very loud voice)? I don't understand. My dogs were never, ever allowed to bark like that. And this afternoon, I will be treated to the barking dogs that belong to the neighbor on the other side of me. The neighbor with the pits quieted his dogs down immediately, which is nice, but the barking will happen again, and again, and again for the next 10 months of my lease. I feel bombarded. I feel like I live in Tampa Heights and Southeast Seminole Heights again with their no-peace-at-all living. I was tired and stressed all the time in both places, and now here I am again. Something's got to give, and it will probably be me.

I know this is a downer. Other bloggers talk about fun or inspirational stuff, but this blog is like my diary, and diaries don't always contain nice, sweet yammerings. This kind of constant bombardment of noise and not enough sleep is how I believe I wound up with cancer in the first place because the only way to keep going is adrenalin. A body running on continual adrenalin breaks down, and bad things can happen. I really should move, but where to? Everywhere I have lived in Tampa is the same story. I'm beginning to think it's me, like I'm some sort of Charlie Brown character with a perennial cloud over my head that dogs my every move. 

Well, since it's quiet for now, I better try to get some sleep because I have to work tonight until 2:00am. Yowza . . . .

Comments

Popular Posts