Diggin' in the dirt

Just call me Ms. Gardener. I potted and re-potted several plants, digging my hands into the potting soil like a little kid preparing to make mud pies. I love shoving my hands into the nice, dark, cool dirt with its nutrients to make my plants healthy, despite my not-so-fabulous care. It was really hot out there in the backyard, despite the fact that today is the official first day of autumn. Who woulda known, except that it says so on my wall calendar. It also says Rosh Hashanah ends. The Jewish New Year apparently began two days ago at sundown (I googled it, not being Jewish and all), but it ends at nightfall tonight. I hope it is a happy year. 2017 for me has been like a riptide -- just taking me, hollering and crying, on a whiplash journey that doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon. I prefer to walk on solid ground on a path of my own making, but I guess the powers-that-be have their own plan (which apparently right now includes my cat Jude trying to climb his way onto my lap using his sharp, sharp claws). Sometimes a girl just needs a bucketful of chocolate to eat with her dirt-caked hands. Yum!


Comments

Popular Posts