Homeless

He's just a babe, running the streets, so my friend and I are sharing caring duties until we can find him a home...which probably won't happen because he's a dog and he's unneutered, but once someone loved him enough to teach him to behave and to walk on leash without pulling, without sniffing or going after everything in sight. I hate this. This little dog (an Akita mix) will most likely have to go to Animal Services where they euthanize 90% of the animals that wind up there. I can't take him because I have cats and he chases cats and I also have 2 dogs, and, let's face it, after 10 years of rescuing animals off the street and giving them a home, I'm animaled-out. My friend can't take him because she has 3 dogs, one of which is not very friendly to people or dogs or cats or just about everything that breathes. Where did this little guy come from? He's so sweet, social, intelligent, and he looks at you with absolute love in his eyes. I take him on walks with my dogs (it must be pretty funny watching me walk 3 dogs weighing 50-75 pounds - tangle city!). My friend and I have just about run out of options. No-kill shelters are full or don't answer emails/phones, etc. Forget the so-called rescue groups. The Humane Society doesn't take stray animals. No one in the neighborhood claims him or wants him. Our only hope is that he will be adopted out when he goes to Animal Services, that someone wonderful will give him the home we can't.

Comments

Popular Posts