Friday night and I ain't partyin'

Yeah, it's Friday night. About 11:30pm to be exact. Just finished writing a long reply to an incredible email from a woman with a cabin for rent on Orcas Island in Washington state. I can only wish. I leave it up to God. Tomorrow I go with my friends Susan and Scott to look at residential properties in Zephyrhills. Apparently downtown Zephyrhills is quite cute. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. My friend Diane's daughter moved to Baltimore and is suddenly finding out what adulthood is all about. Yeah, things like dishes and food and apartments really cost money. And to get that money you have to work. Why do kids want to grow up so fast? Working 40 hours a week isn't all that fun, even if you like your job. That's 40 hours you can't spend with your loved ones or do something that you really want to do. That's 40 hours of your life every week given to someone else. Of course, kids have school and homework. That's not too much fun either. Maybe life just isn't a bowl of cherries, after all. Maybe it's more like a tub full of grapefruit.

Comments

Popular Posts