Shhhh......

It's a hot, quiet, sleepy day, and I like it. I guess a lot of people have gone away for the Memorial Day weekend. Me, I'm just staying home with the animals.

I'm supposed to go to a chamber music concert this afternoon at the yacht club at Ballast Point. I'm amazed that the yacht club is letting just anyone walk through the door. Neither my friend nor I belong to the yacht club. We don't even own a leaking row boat between us. Interesting....

This hot weather has just begun and I'm already feeling droopy. Took my dogs for a walk and they just panted the entire time. I guess it's time for "chop-chop." That's when I get out the scissors and cut Kodiak's fur really short. He loves it. Just lays there quietly while I give him a crewcut. I haven't cut Sully's fur yet. His is more silky while Kodiak has the thick Chow-Chow underfur. It must really be uncomfortable being an animal in this hot weather. Sometimes when I pick up my cats, their underarms are all damp.

I'm going to watch The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe today. I'll see how much I remember of the book. I did find that cupboard fascinating. My friend has an armoire that looks like it came straight from the book. One day we're going to see if there is a secret back door.....

Comments

Popular Posts