Rainy Day Thursday

Okay, so the clouds unzipped their full bellies and let it pour in a deluge on the Tampa Bay area today. My boss' backyard became a spongy lake. One of their cocker spaniels went wading in belly-high water down by the cement wall. He looked like an adventurer, testing out the terrain before he let the wagon train through.

Other than that, I worked, ate chocolate and ginger cookies and a salad (gotta stay healthy), paid bills (will these things never stop crowding my mailbox and stealing all my money?), and now it's time to feed the zoo. Already fed the fish, now it's the cats, then the dogs, and finally the lone human. It's the end of the day. Time to relax and recoup. A woman stopped me this morning while I was walking the dogs and asked me about the hood because she's thinking about buying a house on the next block. I wasn't a good PR person. I told her about the ongoing theft problem and the house down the street filled with sexual offenders/predators. A person should know what they're moving into. I knew, and I did it anyway. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Well, time to go. I hear the rustling sounds of hungry animals.

Comments

Popular Posts