The End of the Week

Today is Saturday, although when you're unemployed it doesn't mean a whole lot, except that you don't get caught in rush hour traffic. I had a couple of interviews this week so we'll see how that goes. I also gave blood on Thursday and found out that I'm a "baby donor." Apparently there's some element in my blood that makes my blood transfusable (is that a word?) into babies in trouble. That's a good thing to know. Yesterday afternoon I traveled to Old Hyde Park Village where I bought a wistful photograph of a dog created by a local photographer. And then last night I drank wine and talked with a good friend of mine, with the lilting sounds of Joan Baez in the background.

Today I'm supposed to bring my car in for an estimate because the power steering fluid is leaking. How lovely....

You might ask - who cares about all this? Good question. I guess I do because I'm living it. I wonder if you'd care if I won millions of dollars in the Florida Lotto. Believe me, if that happens, you won't hear it from me.

Comments

Popular Posts