Is There Anyone Out There?

I called Experian today to find out what happened to my mailed credit report, y'know, the only free one we're allowed each year from the BIG 3 credit reporting agencies who hold our credit lives in their hands. You would think we (the ones who may have errors on our reports and not even know it) could have unlimited access, especially since identify theft is so damn rampant. And don't even get me started on the fact that we actually have to pay to get our credit scores. That's outrageous! These companies decide our credit scores (each company will have a different score unless you have had absolutely perfect credit your entire life) and we have to pay to find out what they think of us. Who started this stupidity, anyway?

Back to Experian. Have you ever tried to call them? I called the 1-877 number I found buried on their website. Couldn't get to a real live human being to save my life. Then I tried the 1-800 I found on gethuman.com, but in order to follow their instructions to get a human, you have to have a credit report number and I don't have a credit report number because I don't have the credit report yet, which is why I was calling in the first place. I'm a member of LifeLock which requests my annual credit reports from the three agencies to be sent to me. I received the Equifax and TransUnion reports a couple of weeks ago but where, oh where, is Experian's report? That's all I want to know. Not a mind-boggling question. Hey, Experian, have you mailed the damn credit report yet, and if you have, when? That's all I want to know.

Gethuman.com rates Experian's customer service as a one-star. The company should be rated in the negative star range. Actually, it shouldn't even be in a star range; it should be listed in the dung heap pile. I personally don't think Experian even has any real human customer service agents among its 6700+ employees. I believe all it has is the bodiless voice on the merry-go-round options lists on the 1-877 and 1-800 numbers. That's it.

So I've written a letter to Experian's CEO, Donald A. Robert, in Costa Mesa, California. That oughta change the company's lackluster ways, don't you think?

Yeah, right................

Meanwhile, I still want to know where my Experian credit report is. Anyone have a clue?

Comments

Popular Posts