Voting Fever

Today I thought I will go vote. Surely most of the people who wanted to vote early had already done so. Oh, not so. I drove to one of the early voting places (a library) and, lordamercy, the line was 2 hours long. It wound around and around part of the parking lot. There were cars parked all over the place, including on the side of the road out front. It looked like a new, really hot ride had just opened up in DisneyWorld and everyone in the universe wanted to hop on so they could tell all their friends that they were one of the first people to experience Disney's newest ride. I didn't stay. I didn't vote. No way was I standing for 2 hours in the cold wind (today was unseasonally chilly for October in central Florida).

So, I might try another early voting designated place, or I just might wait until November 4th.

I must say it's truly amazing to see all these people coming out to vote. I have never, in all the years I've been voting, had to stand in line for more than 15 minutes...and that was in 2000 during the hotly contested fight between Al Gore and George W. Bush (and we all know how that ended).

It's good to see the citizens of this country so interested in the fate of our future. May the best candidate win!

Comments

Popular Posts