Home Sweet Home

Well, two different groups of people came to look at my house today (been on the market 7+ months). It's not a bad house; just needs work, work I don't know how to do and don't have the money to pay someone else to do. It's the perfect house for someone who likes to fix things, who likes to take the rugged underdog and work it into a showcase. Or, hell, just live in it the way it is. It's not unlivable; just imperfect. I'm looking for a more quiet existence, a more genteel way of living. This place is too urban. Urban used to be my thing - loved the energy, the cacophony, the movement of living surrounded by people and businesses. Not any more. Just want quiet, like it is tonight. If it could be this way always, I would stay here. But this peace is unusual. This peace won't stay long (even now I can hear sirens in the distance and trucks and loud cars rushing to destinations), so it's not a country silence. I wonder if that even exists anymore. I'm hoping that it does. So, here's my prayer - someone buy my house, please, so I can move on to the next phase of my life. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts