On the Road Again

Yesterday I wrote more than 1100 words on my novel-in-waiting. Today I managed about 645 words. This is a good thing. My novel-in-the-making has been gathering dust for far too many moons, and now it's not. My goal is to finish it by the end of August.

I can't even remember when I began this story. Now that's sad. But when I finish this -- my first novel -- even if it never gets published, it will be a victory over my lack of commitment to my writing. This novel will always be like my newest love. . .forever special. Of course I would like it to be published and to be wildly successful, but sometimes just the doing is the best thing of all.
Just a moment ago I realized that when I write creatively, when my fingers fly (or, often as not, stumble) over the keyboard, I feel fulfilled. My life is rounded, nice, good. And now that there's a new man in my life -- something I never expected to happen -- this road I'm traveling on is finally beginning to be a road I want to be on.

Comments

Popular Posts