Grocery Day

Yep, had to go grocery shopping. My most favorite thing to do...yeah, right. Today the traffic was horrendous. West I-275 was very slow-going so I got off an earlier exit and drove leisurely down a parallel street to get to my destination - PetsMart, Target and Wild Oats, all conveniently located next to each other. The parking garage was almost filled to capacity (at least on the lower floor). Shopping in the stores was easy; so was checkout, but getting out of the parking lot was a zoo. When I saw that east I-275 was now slow-going, I decided to go home through city streets. There were cars zipping and zooming everywhere. It felt like rush hour traffic which I avoid at all costs, if possible. It's not a full moon, a holiday, Christmas, or anything else that I can think of. It must be some weird bio-rhythm day; that's all I can figure out. I kinda had a sense of it when I first walked out the door this morning and could just hear and feel the buzz of traffic. Some days are like that, I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts